A Word

 

Reading words, writing words, and looking at words puts smiles on people or breaks them down into pieces that can not be put back together. Sometimes a man stands on a single word to make the decision between the devil and himself. In the grand scope of things, words hold no physical power, but they can hurt the heart of an authoritarian government. Impossible as it may seem, a mind that captures thinking can even stop any demented dream.

Fascinating what these words mean to people. Many in the world received courage, determination, and persistence from reading words. Some have unfortunately found themselves on the other side of the road, as they saw misery, death, regret, remorse, betrayal, and more and more and more. People will never receive pain with the same enthusiasm as they welcome pleasure.

Times like these, I wish I had forgotten the meaning of these words and the value they offer to mankind. So I will flip the pages of a book and see nothing but emptiness. I wouldn’t stand on the shoulders of those who came before me, as I will be down at the feet living a rotten life not knowing what could have been.

Popular Posts