Conversation #1

Seth -  We are supposed to work together to keep the clogs running at times. Isn’t that what we are taught by the system?

Vincent- Why, bother, I’m like everybody around you doing it all for the cash. If you take out the money incentive out of the equation, I simply don’t care how the system functions.


Seth - You are setting up a bad precedent, recklessness will eventually lead to your demise and you will take the future of our organization with you.


Vincent- I’m just a person with my own thoughts and ambitions. So far, ambition has died, the system that I gave half my life for, killed the passion I had for myself. Now I just stare at the machines for 6 hours until the bell rings so I go back home.


Seth - You are wrong here, your action will be idolized by the people who always wanted to do so little for our corporation. 


Vincent- I’ve become jaded, maybe that’s what we all are headed for. They didn’t say anything about the job when they wanted to hire me. All they ever said was the songs of corporations and the benefits of a common employee. Looking back, I danced to the rhythm thinking I hit the jackpot in life.


Seth - You did, so many people out there in the world are dying to live your life. Don’t you think you should act better and show gratitude to the things you have in life?


Vincent- It’s not my fault, fate created them on the wrong side of the world. Maybe if they were in my shoes, and saw the things that I’ve seen, maybe they would start to look at things my way. Nobody is perfect, they need some time to become insane.


The people born in the cesspool never reach the level where we are playing, if they ever did touch the door to our life, they will know why things are just the way they are.


Seth - No, if they ever reach our level, they will be more happy with the things they have around them. That’s how they are raised by their parents to never take things for granted.


Vincent- People just like everything else in the world change for better or worse. I believe, people who have it all change for the worse rather than the person who has little to nothing in their life.


Seth - So, do you think we should let people drown in poverty, so they will stay ‘happier’?


Vincent- We don’t have to do anything, the world does a fine job in keeping them down until their last breath. Nobody is happy in life, we all know happiness lasts for seconds then it's back on the ride of misery.


Sad thing is, they don’t wait for death, while we wait for it.


Warden - Shut up, both of you, get back to your cell.


Popular Posts